Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains electrical equipment in generating station or powerhouse: Tests defective equipment to determine cause of malfunction or failure, using voltmeters, ammeters, and related electrical testing apparatus.
- 2) Notifies plant personnel of necessary equipment downtime requiring changes from normal generating and transmission equipment operation to maintain uninterrupted service.
- 3) Repairs and replaces equipment, such as relays, switches, supervisory controls, and indicating and recording instruments.
- 4) Tests and repairs switchboard and equipment circuitry, interpreting wiring diagrams to trace and connect numerous wires carrying current for independent functions.
- 5) Cleans and repairs brushes, commutators, windings, and bearings of generators, motors, and converters.
- 6) May test and maintain transmission equipment, performing such duties as oiling circuit breakers and transformers.
Is being an "ELECTRICIAN, POWERHOUSE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN, POWERHOUSE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN, POWERHOUSE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN, POWERHOUSE"
Job Number: 3443