Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and maintains electrical wiring and equipment, such as motors, generators, air-conditioning units, electrical outlets, and lighting fixtures of railroad locomotives and cars, streetcars, and subway coaches: Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles, and installs conduits that connect to control panels and junction boxes, using hacksaw, pipe benders, pipe-threading tools, and other handtools.
- 2) Splices wires with knife or cutting pliers and solders connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- 3) Tests circuit connections, using electrical test equipment.
- 4) Installs and tests electrical equipment, such as air-conditioning, heating, and ignition systems, generator brushes, and commutators.
- 5) Installs and repairs headlights in locomotives and streetcars.
- 6) Repairs electrical equipment, such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators, and reverse current relays.
- 7) May recharge storage batteries.
- 9) May be designated according to specialty as Accessories Repairer; Electrician, Control Equipment; Wirer, Passenger Car.
Is being an "ELECTRICIAN, LOCOMOTIVE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN, LOCOMOTIVE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN, LOCOMOTIVE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN, LOCOMOTIVE"
Job Number: 3440