Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Splices conductor cables used to lower electrical testing or surveying instruments into oil or gas wells or boreholes, using handtools: Unwraps armor strands from end of cable.
- 2) Strips insulation from stranded conductor cable, using stripping pliers.
- 3) Cuts ends of conductor cable, using pliers.
- 4) Clamps cable ends together in vise to form butt joint.
- 5) Solders joint, using silver solder and iron.
- 6) Wraps joint with insulating tape to form smooth insulation of same diameter as original cable.
- 7) Wraps armor strands over joint.
- 8) Trims ends of armor strands, using cutters, to form smooth butt joints and solders joints, using silver solder and iron.
- 9) May test conductor cables, using equipment, such as voltmeters and capacity and resistance bridges.
Is being an "ELECTRICAL-LINE SPLICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICAL-LINE SPLICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICAL-LINE SPLICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICAL-LINE SPLICER"
Job Number: 3416