Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs, calibrates, and tests instruments, such as voltmeters, ammeters, resistance bridges, galvanometers, temperature bridges, and temperature controlling and recording gauges and instruments, using jewelers' tools, electricians' tools, handtools, and measuring instruments: Tests instruments for resistance, voltage, and other characteristics, using potentiometer, voltage divider, and other testing devices.
- 2) Disassembles instruments, using handtools, and examines parts for defects.
- 3) Measures, cuts, and fits glass for meters and instruments, using glass cutter.
- 4) Repairs or replaces defective parts of instruments, using handtools, soldering equipment, grinders, calipers, micrometers, and dividers.
- 5) Reassembles instruments, following circuit diagrams and using jewelers' tools.
- 6) Tests new and repaired instruments, using test board.
- 7) May operate lathe and drill press to make replacement parts.
- 8) May plan, construct, and assemble test panels for experimental and production testing.
- 9) May keep records on repair and calibration of instruments.
- 10) May rebuild induction cores for electric furnaces.
- 11) May install, repair, and adjust electronically controlled dynamometers and be known as Dynamometer Repairer.
Is being an "ELECTRICAL-INSTRUMENT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICAL-INSTRUMENT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICAL-INSTRUMENT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICAL-INSTRUMENT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 3415