Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests and adjusts electrical equipment and accessories prior to installation in aircraft to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and testing equipment: Examines electrical equipment and accessories, such as batteries, bells, chimes, solenoids, booster coils, circuit breakers, electric actuators, and starter control valves, for defects.
- 2) Connects electrical equipment and accessories to testing equipment, such as voltmeter, ammeter, oscilloscope, and torque indicator, and tests for voltages under varying loads, output and input of power at various operating temperatures, amount of current used at different voltages, electrical leakages, short circuits, open circuits, and electric motor torques.
- 3) Compares test performance results with prescribed values, and adjusts moving parts as indicated by tests, using handtools and measuring instruments.
- 4) Stamps or attaches tags to approved equipment.
- 5) Records results of tests.
- 6) May test effects of vibration on equipment and accessories, using vibration testing equipment.
- 7) May design, lay out, and construct special testing jigs.
- 8) May measure parts of electromechanical assemblies for conformance to specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- 9) May test and adjust electronic equipment.
Is being an "ELECTRICAL-EQUIPMENT TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICAL-EQUIPMENT TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICAL-EQUIPMENT TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICAL-EQUIPMENT TESTER"
Job Number: 3413