"ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEM"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs power system facilities and equipment and coordinates construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, receiving, and distribution stations, transmission lines, and distribution systems and equipment: Designs and plans layout of generating plants, transmission and distribution lines, and receiving and distribution stations.
- 2) Directs preparation of, or prepares drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation.
- 3) Estimates labor, material, construction, and equipment costs.
- 4) Inspects completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards.
- 5) Observes operation of installation for conformance with operational standards.
- 6) Coordinates operation and maintenance activities to ensure optimum utilization of power system facilities and meet customer demands for electrical energy.
- 7) May compile power rates and direct others in evaluating properties and developing utilities in new territories.
- 8) May be designated according to type of engineering functions as Engineer, Design-And-Construction; Engineer, Operations-And-Maintenance.
Is being an "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEM"
Job Number: 3399