Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles and tests electrical appliances, such as ranges, refrigerators, and washing machines, to prepare appliance for delivery and installation, using handtools and test lamp: Uncrates appliances, using pry bar, wire cutters, and nail puller.
- 2) Assembles appliance parts, using screws and handtools.
- 3) Connects appliance to electric current to test performance.
- 4) Locates faulty circuits with test lamp.
- 5) Solders and wraps wires with friction tape to repair insulation.
- 6) Washes and polishes appliances.
- 7) Examines exterior of appliance for chips, scratches, and dents.
- 8) Keeps records of appliances received, assembled, and delivered.
- 9) May be designated according to type of appliance assembled and tested as Dishwasher Preparer; Electric-Range Preparer; Electric-Refrigerator Preparer; Washer-Dryer Preparer.
Is being an "ELECTRICAL-APPLIANCE PREPARER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRICAL-APPLIANCE PREPARER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICAL-APPLIANCE PREPARER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICAL-APPLIANCE PREPARER"
Job Number: 3404