"ELECTRIC POWER LINE EXAMINER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Patrols overhead electric power lines and reports damaged or defective power line equipment and facilities: Patrols on foot, by automobile, boat, or other means of transportation to detect unsafe or defective power lines.
- 2) Taps poles with hammer to detect rot or splits caused by weather conditions.
- 3) Pulls guy wires and anchors to detect slack or looseness.
- 4) Observes crossarms, insulators, transformers, switches, pole hardware, and overhead conductors, using binoculars, to detect evidence of deterioration, storm damage, and vandalism.
- 5) Writes periodic report of observations.
- 6) Climbs poles to examine equipment not observable from ground and makes minor repairs, such as tightening loose guy wires.
- 7) Notifies trouble dispatching personnel by telephone or radio of necessary major repairs.
- 8) May open and close switches as directed by supervisory personnel.
Is being an "ELECTRIC POWER LINE EXAMINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC POWER LINE EXAMINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC POWER LINE EXAMINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC POWER LINE EXAMINER"
Job Number: 3395