Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cleans, assembles, and tests motors of locomotives and streetcars: Disassembles motors by removing bolts and nuts from motor case heads, fastening crane hook to case heads and armatures, and directing HOISTING ENGINEER to hoist parts from motor cases.
- 2) Routes armatures to repair shop.
- 3) Cleans case heads in hot ammonia bath.
- 4) Scrapes inside of motor cases to remove grease and dirt, and applies insulating paint.
- 5) Inspects motor lead wires and replaces worn insulation tape.
- 6) Reassembles motors working with HOISTING ENGINEER in handling heavy parts.
- 7) Connects motor lead wires to power source and tests motor for r.
- 10) and overheating, using speed gauges and thermometers.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-MOTOR FITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR FITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR FITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-MOTOR FITTER"
Job Number: 3455