Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles subassemblies and parts of dynamotors, converters, and electric motors used in instruments, appliances, and power tools, performing any combination of following tasks, using power tools and handtools: Bolts field windings and brush holders into motor housings, using wrenches, screwdrivers, and holding fixtures.
- 2) Presses bushings and bearings into motor head, using arbor press.
- 3) Secures fans and gears to armature shaft, using nuts and lock washers, and places armature shaft in bearings.
- 4) Solders or screws electrical leads to brushes, and switch and cord assembly, using soldering iron.
- 5) Assembles end brackets and base to housing and fastens assembly with screws.
- 6) Lubricates gears and other moving parts, using oilcan, paddle, or grease gun.
- 7) Turns shaft to ensure free movement of parts.
- 8) May screw covers on motor ends to keep out dirt and moisture during shipment.
- 9) When replacing defective parts in motors is designated Repairer, Electric Motors.
- 10) May be designated according to type motor assembled as Assembler, Instrument Motors or part assembled as Brush Holder Assembler.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-MOTOR ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-MOTOR ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 3453