Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fits together parts and subassemblies to build electric motors, generators, and gasoline engine-generator sets, using machinist's tools, precision instruments, and following blueprints and specifications: Files and scrapes burrs from parts and cleans parts with solvent and compressed air.
- 2) Fits bearings to armature or rotor shafts, using Prussian blue and hand scraper to locate and reduce high spots.
- 3) Shrinks bushings, couplings, and pinions on shafts, in electric oven.
- 4) Positions rotors and armatures into stator or field ring and slides heads over shaft and against housing ends manually or with hoist.
- 5) Secures assembly, using bolts and wrenches.
- 6) Aligns heads to allow rotor or armature to turn freely and inserts shims under rotor support to adjust airgap between rotor and stator, measuring clearance with precision instruments.
- 7) Fits carbon brushes to curvature of commutator or collector rings by sand brushing or rotating in seating fixture.
- 8) Cuts and strips wire leads and crimps or solders connecting lugs to them.
- 9) Screws leads to brush holders.
- 10) Packs chamber with grease to lubricate bearings.
- 11) Assembles external parts, such as fans, covers, exciters, control panels, space heaters, and piping, to build special units.
- 12) May level and align unit on customer's bedplate or on test base in testing department and couple unit to drive motor or test instruments.
- 13) May dismantle equipment after testing and examine parts for evidence of wear.
- 14) May be designated according to power source of unit as Engine-Generator Assembler.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-MOTOR-AND-GENERATOR ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR-AND-GENERATOR ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-MOTOR-AND-GENERATOR ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-MOTOR-AND-GENERATOR ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 3458