Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests accuracy of meters used for recording electric current consumption and makes necessary adjustments, using following methods: Connects meter to standard and adjusts standard's dials to meter being tested.
- 2) Pushes switch and allows needle on standard to revolve specified number of turns or for clocked period.
- 3) Compares meter and standard calibrated dials to ascertain accuracy of meter.
- 4) Connects testing instruments, such as wattmeter, voltmeter, and ammeter, across coils of meter and allows load to pass through meter for clocked period.
- 5) Computes watt-hours of current consumed, using instrument readings and time factor.
- 6) Compares watt-hour computations with dial on tested meter to determine meter accuracy.
- 7) Adjusts meters by loosening or tightening screws, using screwdriver.
- 8) Inspects wiring of installed meters for improper connections or diversions of current.
- 9) May make minor repairs and recommend meter removal for major repair.
- 10) May clean mechanism with solution and small brush.
- 11) May calculate inaccurate meter variations from standard.
- 12) May set up auxiliary equipment to route current around installed meter during testing to avoid interruption to service.
- 13) Does not perform tests on inaccurate meters to diagnose malfunctioning if inaccuracy cannot be corrected by screw adjustment.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-METER TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-METER TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-METER TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-METER TESTER"
Job Number: 3450