Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, adjusts, and repairs electric meters used for recording electric current consumption: Disassembles defective meters, using handtools.
- 2) Examines parts of meter for wear and detects warped or bent parts, using straightedge.
- 3) Soaks electric parts in chemical solutions to clean parts.
- 4) Removes dirt from other parts, using brushes, sandpaper, and soap and water.
- 5) Reassembles meter, using new or repaired parts.
- 6) Turns setscrews or makes other adjustments required to bring meter accuracy within prescribed limits.
- 7) May test meters for accuracy or for correctness of assembly and dielectric strength, using testing apparatus.
- 8) May repair demand register mechanism of demand meters.
- 9) May repair such electric components as instrument transformers and relays.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-METER REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-METER REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-METER REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-METER REPAIRER"
Job Number: 3449