"ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs electric watthour meters in preinstalled meter-connection boxes to connect service: Breaks seal on box previously connected to building wiring, using pliers, and tests box for current flow with test lamp.
- 2) Fits meter onto prongs extending from top of box and turns setscrews to secure prongs to meter, using screwdriver.
- 3) Fastens meter to wall with screws and seals with sealing device.
- 4) Connects electric service and tests for specified voltage, phase, and polarity, using handtools and test instruments.
- 5) Disconnects customer service on request or default in payment of account.
- 6) Records meter reading before connecting or after disconnecting service, and submits work report to supervisor.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER II"
Job Number: 3448