"ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, disconnects, removes, and reconnects electric power meters used to record current consumption of residential, commercial, and industrial customers: Splices and connects covered insulated cable to bus bar in pull box or on switchboard.
- 2) Mounts meter, and other electric equipment for high load installations, such as time clocks, transformers, and circuit breakers, on racks or wall, using electrician handtools.
- 3) Installs and connects cable from pull box to meter socket or transformer.
- 4) Attaches color-coded wires from current transformer to test blocks and from test blocks to meter terminals for testing purposes.
- 5) Tests meter for current flow and recording of current consumption.
- 6) Disconnects and seals meter on cut-off order or removes seal and reconnects meter on cut-in orders.
- 7) Removes, replaces, and reconnects meters when current consumption is too high for existing installation.
- 8) Installs temporary service meter for recording current consumption during construction.
- 9) Splices and connects jumper cables from current transformer onto bus bar on switchboard to provide temporary power for customer during change of meter and cables or when customer's service equipment is defective.
- 10) Records meter and installation data on meter cards, work orders, and field service orders.
- 11) Locates, diagnoses, and clears electrical trouble on customers' premises.
- 12) Performs minor repairs and changes faulty or incorrect wiring on customers' premises.
- 13) May be designated according to specialty as Meter Installer-And-Remover.
Is being an "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRIC-METER INSTALLER I"
Job Number: 3447