Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares written material for publication, performing any combination of following duties: Reads copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- 2) Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- 3) Rewrites or modifies copy to conform to publication's style and editorial policy and marks copy for typesetter, using standard symbols to indicate how type should be set.
- 4) Reads galley and page proofs to detect errors and indicates corrections, using standard proofreading symbols.
- 5) May confer with authors regarding changes made to manuscript.
- 6) May select and crop photographs and illustrative materials to conform to space and subject matter requirements.
- 7) May prepare page layouts to position and space articles and illustrations.
- 8) May write or rewrite headlines, captions, columns, articles, and stories according to publication requirements.
- 9) May initiate or reply to correspondence regarding material published or being considered for publication.
- 10) May read and evaluate submitted manuscripts and be designated Manuscript Reader.
- 11) May be designated according to type of publication worked on as Copy Reader when working on newspaper; Copy Reader, Book when working on books.
Is being an "EDITORIAL ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITORIAL ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITORIAL ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITORIAL ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 3375