Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Selects and edits state, national, and international news items received by wire from press associations: Corrects errors of spelling and punctuation in telegraph copy.
- 2) Deletes less important paragraphs, according to importance and amount of space available for story.
- 3) Issues selected items to EDITOR, NEWS, with notations of desired length of story in accordance with predetermined space allotment.
- 4) Monitors teleprinter machines for new leads on important news items received before press time of edition, and reserves space for copy on such items.
- 5) May select news of local events of national or international interest, and prepare copy to be forwarded to central news associations by wire.
- 6) May rewrite stories to include information of special interest to subscribers of publication.
Is being an "EDITOR, TELEGRAPH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, TELEGRAPH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, TELEGRAPH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, TELEGRAPH"
Job Number: 3374