"EDITOR, TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of writers engaged in preparing technical, scientific, medical, or other material for publication in conjunction with or independent from manufacturing, research, and related activities: Analyzes developments in specific field to determine need for revisions, corrections, and changes in previously published materials, and development of new material.
- 2) Confers with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications, determine specific or general subject material to be developed for publication, and resolve problems concerned with developing and publishing subject material.
- 3) Assigns staff writer or contracts with specialist in subject area to produce draft of manuscript.
- 4) Supervises staff writers and delineates standard procedures for gathering data and writing.
- 5) Reviews draft of manuscript and makes recommendations for changes.
- 6) May edit and correct final draft to prepare for typesetting.
- 7) May perform similar duties to those supervised.
- 8) May select or recommend graphics, such as drawings, diagrams, pictures, and charts to illustrate manuscript.
- 9) May specialize in particular type of publication, such as manuals, handbooks, articles, or proposals.
Is being an "EDITOR, TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS"
Job Number: 3373