Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Formulates editorial policy and directs operation of newspaper: Confers with editorial policy committee and heads of production, advertising, and circulation departments to develop editorial and operating procedures and negotiate decisions affecting publication.
- 2) Appoints editorial heads and supervises work of their departments in accordance with newspaper policy.
- 3) Writes leading or policy editorials or notifies editorial department head of position to be taken on specific public issues.
- 4) Reviews financial reports and takes appropriate action with respect to costs and revenues.
- 5) Represents publication at professional and community functions.
- 6) In smaller establishments may perform duties of one or more subordinate editors and direct activities of advertising, circulation, or production personnel.
Is being an "EDITOR, NEWSPAPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, NEWSPAPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, NEWSPAPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, NEWSPAPER"
Job Number: 2774