Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans layout of newspaper edition: Receives news copy, photographs, and dummy page layouts marked to indicate columns occupied by advertising.
- 2) Confers with management and editorial staff members regarding placement of developing news stories.
- 3) Determines placement of stories based on relative significance, available space, and knowledge of layout principles.
- 4) Marks layout sheets to indicate position of each story and accompanying photographs.
- 5) Approves proofs submitted by composing room.
- 6) May write or revise headlines.
- 8) May perform related editorial duties as required.
Is being an "EDITOR, NEWS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, NEWS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, NEWS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, NEWS"
Job Number: 3369