"EDITOR, MANAGING, NEWSPAPER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Negotiates with newspaper owner's representative to establish publication policies, and directs editorial activities of newspaper departments: Confers with executive staff to discuss editorial policy, makeup plans, changes in staff organization, news coverage of special events, and similar decisions.
- 2) Relays information to department heads.
- 3) Coordinates work of editorial departments in accordance with newspaper policy.
- 4) Directs general page makeup of publication.
- 5) Inspects final makeup of editions and rearranges makeup to meet emergency news situations.
- 6) Originates plans for special features or projects and assigns department heads to implement them.
- 7) May write leading or policy editorials.
- 8) In smaller establishments may perform duties of EDITOR, NEWS ; and EDITOR, CITY.
Is being an "EDITOR, MANAGING, NEWSPAPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, MANAGING, NEWSPAPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, MANAGING, NEWSPAPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, MANAGING, NEWSPAPER"
Job Number: 3367