Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares indices for books and other publications: Reads material to determine which items should be in index.
- 2) Arranges topical or alphabetical list of index items, according to page or chapter, indicating location of item in text.
- 3) Classifies items of topical interest, and inserts cross references in index to refer reader to related subjects appearing elsewhere in text.
- 4) Directs activities of clerical staff engaged in typing index, filing subject-cards, and performing related duties.
- 5) May prepare related items, such as glossaries, bibliographies, and explanatory footnotes, following literary style of manuscript author.
Is being an "EDITOR, INDEX" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, INDEX" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, INDEX"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, INDEX"
Job Number: 3366