Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Researches information about words that make up language and writes and reviews definitions for publication in dictionary: Conducts or directs research to discover origin, spelling, syllabication, pronunciation, meaning, and usage of words.
- 2) Organizes research material and writes dictionary definition.
- 3) May study or conduct surveys to determine factors, such as frequency of use for a specific word, or word use by particular segment of population in order to select words for inclusion in dictionary.
- 4) May perform related editorial duties.
- 5) May select drawings or other graphic material to illustrate word meaning.
- 6) May specialize in particular type of dictionary, such as medical, electronic, or industrial.
Is being an "EDITOR, DICTIONARY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, DICTIONARY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, DICTIONARY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, DICTIONARY"
Job Number: 3364