Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and supervises personnel engaged in selecting, gathering, and editing local news and news photographs for edition of newspaper: Receives information regarding developing news events or originates story ideas and assigns coverage to members of reporting and photography staff.
- 2) Reviews news copy and confers with executive staff members regarding allocation of news space.
- 3) Sends copy to copy desk for editing.
- 4) Reviews edited copy and sends to EDITOR, NEWS or composing room.
- 5) May write or direct writing of headlines.
- 6) May hire and discharge members of reporting staff.
- 7) May perform other editorial duties as required.
- 8) Designated State Editor when working with State news and National Editor when working with National news.
Is being an "EDITOR, CITY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDITOR, CITY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDITOR, CITY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDITOR, CITY"
Job Number: 3362