Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to grind and polish edges and cut drip grooves on underside of sandstone table and counter tops: Reads work instructions written on sandstone slab.
- 2) Presses buttons and pulls levers on control panel to start diamond saw and specified combination of diamond grinding and polishing wheels.
- 3) Turns valve to start water flow that cools grinding and polishing wheels and saw blades during operation.
- 4) Pushes sandstone slab from roller conveyor onto belt conveyor that conveys stone through grinding, polishing, and sawing process.
- 5) Examines slab to determine if grinding, polishing and sawing conforms to specifications.
- 6) Reprocesses slabs not meeting specifications.
- 7) Lubricates machine, using grease gun.
- 8) Examines diamond grinding, and cutting tools for wear and notifies supervisor of replacement need.
Is being an "EDGER-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "EDGER-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EDGER-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EDGER-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3358