Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and conducts research to aid in interpretation of economic relationships and in solution of problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services: Studies economic and statistical data in area of specialization, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- 2) Devises methods and procedures for collecting and processing data, utilizing knowledge of available sources of data and various econometric and sampling techniques.
- 3) Compiles data relating to research area, such as employment, productivity, and wages and hours.
- 4) Reviews and analyzes economic data in order to prepare reports detailing results of investigation, and to stay abreast of economic changes.
- 5) Organizes data into report format and arranges for preparation of graphic illustrations of research findings.
- 6) Formulates recommendations, policies, or plans to aid in market interpretation or solution of economic problems, such as recommending changes in methods of agricultural financing, domestic, and international monetary policies, or policies that regulate investment and transfer of capital.
- 7) May supervise and assign work to staff.
- 8) May testify at regulatory or legislative hearings to present recommendations.
- 9) May specialize in specific economic area or commodity and be designated Agricultural Economist; Commodity-Industry Analyst; Financial Economist; Industrial Economist; International-Trade Economist; Labor Economist; Price Economist; Tax Economist.
Is being an "ECONOMIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ECONOMIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ECONOMIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ECONOMIST"
Job Number: 3340