Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings and Doppler flow analyses of heart and related structures, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of heart disease and study of heart: Explains procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxieties of patient.
- 2) Attaches electrodes to patient's chest to monitor heart rhythm and connects electrodes to electrode leads of ultrasound equipment.
- 3) Adjusts equipment controls according to physician's orders and areas of heart to be examined.
- 4) Keys patient information into computer keyboard on equipment to record information on video cassette and strip printout of test.
- 5) Starts ultrasound equipment that produces images of real time tomographic cardiac anatomy, and adjusts equipment to obtain quality images.
- 6) Moves transducer, by hand, over patient's heart areas, observes ultrasound display screen, and listens to Doppler signals to acquire data for measurement of blood flow velocities.
- 7) Prints pictures of graphic analysis recordings and removes video cassette for permanent record of internal examination.
- 8) Measures heart wall thicknesses and chamber sizes recorded on strip printout, using calipers and ruler, or keys commands into computer to measure thicknesses and chamber sizes of heart on video tape, and compares measurement to standard norms to identify abnormalities in heart.
- 9) Measures blood flow velocities and calculates data, such as cardiac physiology and valve areas for evaluation of cardiac function by physician.
- 10) Reviews test results with interpreting physician.
Is being an "ECHOCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ECHOCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ECHOCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ECHOCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 3339