Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mixes coloring solution in tank or kettle, and dyes pearl and plastic buttons to match color of standard button or fabric sample: Weighs powdered dyestuffs according to formula.
- 2) Pours powder into mixing bowl or pan, adds hot water, and stirs with spoon to form paste.
- 3) Turns water and steam valves to fill dye kettle to indicated level, and stirs in paste, using paddle or spoon.
- 4) Immerses wire basket containing buttons in solution.
- 5) Withdraws sample buttons from solution, and compares with standard button or fabric sample to determine if color matches.
- 6) Lifts basket from solution when color match is attained, immerses basket in boiling water to rinse excess dye from buttons, and places basket in barrel of centrifugal drying machine.
- 7) Moves switch to start dryer that spins excess dye from buttons.
Is being a "DYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DYER"
Job Number: 3319