Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that dye and finish knitted garments, such as hosiery and sweaters: Turns valves to admit water and steam into machine to specified level.
- 2) Pours dye, cleaning agents, or finishing chemicals into machine.
- 3) Turns thermostat and timing device to set temperature and dyeing time, according to formula.
- 4) Places garments in compartments of machine and starts machine.
- 5) Periodically examines garments from each dye or finish lot to detect variations from processing standards.
- 6) Adds dye, reducing agent, or finishing chemicals, according to instructions, if standard is not matched.
- 7) Drains solution from machine at end of dyeing or finishing cycle.
- 8) Removes dyed or finished garments to handtruck and labels each lot.
- 10) May weigh or measure cleaning agents and chemicals.
- 11) May be designated according to type of machine used as Paddle-Dyeing-Machine Operator; Rotary-Drum Dyer.
Is being a "DYE-TUB OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DYE-TUB OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DYE-TUB OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DYE-TUB OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3328