Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that washes taconite ore dust collected from air: Starts dust collection equipment and turns valves to adjust pressure to required level as indicated by manometer.
- 2) Examines parts of dust collector, such as pipes, nozzles, strainers, and collection surfaces, for pluggings, breaks, leaks, and residue.
- 3) Closes water valves and stops pumps to permit cleaning and repairing of equipment.
- 4) Washes residue from collection surfaces, pumps, hoppers, and fans, using water hose.
- 5) Turns threaded water nozzles into fittings to change type of nozzle or to replace defective ones.
- 6) Removes mesh strainers and cleans them, using airhose.
- 7) Tightens glands on pumps and valves, using wrenches.
- 8) May record gauge readings.
- 9) May tend equipment that extracts carbon dust from air.
Is being a "DUST-COLLECTOR ATTENDANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DUST-COLLECTOR ATTENDANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DUST-COLLECTOR ATTENDANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DUST-COLLECTOR ATTENDANT"
Job Number: 3301