Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates duplicator punch which follows tracer track on template and punches, blanks, and notches metal plates, sheets, and structural shapes: Positions and clamps track template onto template table of machine.
- 2) Inserts, aligns, and locks specified punches and dies in ram and bed of machine, using hammer, shims, feelers, micrometers, and setscrews.
- 3) Places workpiece on carriage of machine manually or by using jib or crane.
- 4) Aligns workpiece to scale on machine and clamps it to carriage.
- 5) Sets end and side stops to position successive pieces.
- 6) Positions tracer arm onto track templates and turns handwheels to move carriage along track to punching stations.
- 7) Pulls lever to activate punch.
- 8) Positions punch or die over layout marks on jobs for which no template has been made.
- 9) Inspects work to verify location of holes, using scale, compass, and plug gauges.
Is being a "DUPLICATOR-PUNCH OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DUPLICATOR-PUNCH OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DUPLICATOR-PUNCH OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DUPLICATOR-PUNCH OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3293