Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines and equipment to mix cornstarch blends: Signals STARCH-TREATING ASSISTANT to admit starch suspension into mixing and storage tanks, and to dump measured amount of chemicals into mixing tanks to prepare chemical solutions.
- 2) Reads meters and turns valves to admit chemical solutions into blending tank.
- 3) Manipulates switches and turns valves to regulate heaters and agitators that mix solutions, and to pump starch mixtures into blending and filter tanks.
- 4) Receives or draws samples of product and performs standard tests to ascertain if acidity, alkalinity, and viscosity conform to specifications, using hydrometer and other test equipment.
- 5) Records quantity and kind of chemicals used.
- 6) Inspects equipment and observes gauges, thermometers, and meters to maintain efficient production.
- 7) May direct workers engaged in regulating filters, shakers, centrifugal driers, and related equipment to produce dry starch products.
Is being a "DRY-STARCH OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRY-STARCH OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRY-STARCH OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRY-STARCH OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3275