Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cures meat products, such as pork, ham, bacon, or casings preparatory to smoking: Pushes sacks of such materials as sugar, sodium nitrate, and salt to curing room, using handtruck or cart.
- 2) Weighs out specified amounts of materials and mixes them by hand or in mixing machine.
- 3) Packs and arranges meat in boxes, vats, tierces, or piles, and sprinkles mixture over each layer.
- 4) Sweeps excess mixture from meat with broom.
- 5) Rearranges layers after specified time to circulate air around meat.
- 6) Dips ham hocks in brine solution, sprinkles soda on them, and hangs them on rack for curing.
- 7) May be designated according to product cured as Belly Packer; Casing Salter; Ham-Hock Mopper; Salt-Bellies Overhauler.
Is being a "DRY CURER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRY CURER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRY CURER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRY CURER"
Job Number: 3248