Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates closed-die drophammer to forge metal parts according to specifications, using measuring instruments and handtools: Informs HEATER of forging specifications, such as specified quantity and temperature setting.
- 2) Aligns and bolts specified dies to machine ram and anvil, using scale, rule, square, feeler gauges, shims, and handtools.
- 3) Positions workpiece onto lower die and depresses pedal to activate ram that repeatedly strikes and forces metal workpiece into die impression.
- 4) Moves workpiece through series of dies to attain specified detail.
- 5) May plan work procedures, select tooling, and operate drophammer to form experimental or developmental parts.
- 6) May turn knobs to regulate conveyor speed and feed that automatically carries heated stock from furnace, places stock on anvil, and removes finished workpiece.
- 7) May forge unheated metal.
- 8) May set stops or turn handles to set specified striking force of ram.
- 9) May trim flash from finished forging.
- 10) May operate hammer to compress finished forgings to specified tolerances and be designated Restrike Hammer Operator.
- 11) May be designated according to type of hammer operated as Board Drop Hammer Operator; Impact Hammer Operator; Steam Hammer Operator.
Is being a "DROPHAMMER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DROPHAMMER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DROPHAMMER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DROPHAMMER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3230