Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests cartridge primers for sensitivity to impact by dropping weight onto sample primers from measured heights: Secures primer or primed cartridge case in test fixture and positions firing pin over primer.
- 2) Raises steel ball in electromagnetic holder to specified height on calibrated column.
- 3) Presses switch to cut power from electromagnet which drops ball onto firing pin in test fixture to detonate primer.
- 4) Tests groups of primers from same production sample at several specified drop-heights, and records percentage of fires and misfires at each height.
- 5) May plot test results on graph to develop primer sensitivity curve, or apply standardized statistical formulas to estimate sensitivity characteristics of entire production lot of primers.
Is being a "DROP TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DROP TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DROP TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DROP TESTER"
Job Number: 3229