"DRIVER, SALES ROUTE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives truck or automobile over established route to deliver and sell products or render services, collects money from customers, and makes change: Drives truck to deliver such items as beer, soft drinks, bakery products, dry cleaning, laundry, specialty foods, and medical supplies to customer's home or place of business.
- 2) Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- 3) Writes customer order and instructions.
- 4) Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- 5) Calls on prospective customers to solicit new business.
- 6) Prepares order forms and sales contracts.
- 7) Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- 8) Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- 9) May place stock on shelves or racks.
- 10) May set up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
- 11) May collect or pick up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- 13) May issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- 14) May clean inside of truck.
- 15) May perform routine maintenance on truck.
- 16) May direct DRIVER HELPER, SALES ROUTE to load and unload truck and carry merchandise.
- 17) May be designated according to product delivered or service rendered.
Is being a "DRIVER, SALES ROUTE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRIVER, SALES ROUTE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRIVER, SALES ROUTE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRIVER, SALES ROUTE"
Job Number: 3224