Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates mobile drilling machine to drill blastholes horizontally in underground mine or in face of strip mine: Drives machine into room where coal, salt, or ore has been undercut.
- 2) Measures undercuttings with steel rod to determine depth of undercut and location of holes to be drilled.
- 3) Marks hole locations and boundaries of cut on ribs and face, using chalk.
- 4) Moves controls to position drill.
- 5) Starts drill and advances it into rib or face to specified depth.
- 6) Repositions machine to drill additional holes in specified pattern.
- 7) Observes electric power cable when moving machine to avoid damage to cable.
- 8) May drill blastholes in roof to prepare for blasting.
Is being a "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3206