"DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more semiautomatic machines that perform machining operations, such as drilling, boring, tapping, and chamfering holes in clock or watch parts, such as balance wheels, watch plates, and bridges: Positions and clamps part to machine table under cutting tool or inserts part in machine nest, chuck, or over positioning pins in spindle.
- 2) Depresses pedal or moves controls to start machine that automatically machines part to specifications.
- 3) Removes part from machine at completion of cycle or activates control that ejects part from machine.
- 4) Inspects and measures part for conformance to specifications, using loupe and fixed gauges.
- 5) Changes and replaces worn or broken tools.
- 6) Cleans metal chips from machine with brush or airhose.
- 7) Notifies supervisor when machine malfunctions.
- 8) May tend battery of one kind of machine which may be set up to perform one or several different operations.
- 9) Workers may be designated according to machine tended or operation performed as Balance-Wheel-Screw-Hole Driller; Boring-Machine Operator; Chamfering-Machine Operator; Reamer; Tapping-Machine Operator, Automatic.
Is being a "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 3207