"DRILL PRESS TENDER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends single- or multiple-spindle drill presses that drill, tap, ream, or countersink holes in metal workpieces according to specifications: Lifts workpiece manually, or using hoist, and positions and secures workpiece in drilling jig or fixture on machine table, using clamps and wrenches.
- 2) Starts machine and feeds workpiece to cutter or vice versa, or engages automatic feeding mechanism.
- 3) Turns valve to direct flow of coolant and cutting oils over cutting area.
- 4) Observes operation and releases lever or turns handwheel to raise cutting tool from workpiece when machining is completed.
- 5) Inspects or measures machined workpiece for conformance to specifications and shop standards, using instruments, such as fixed, plug, depth, and thread gauges, calipers, micrometers, and templates.
- 6) Changes worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
- 7) May machine plastics or other nonmetallic materials.
Is being a "DRILL PRESS TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL PRESS TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL PRESS TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL PRESS TENDER"
Job Number: 3193