"DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, SINGLE SPINDLE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates single-spindle drill press to perform such machining operations as drilling, countersinking, spot-facing, and tapping holes in metal workpieces, according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and knowledge of machining procedures: Reads blueprint or job order and tooling instructions for specifications, such as hole locations and size, feed rates, cutting speeds, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Secures specified tool in spindle.
- 3) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist, places it in fixture or jig or on machine table, and secures it with clamps or holds it in position under spindle.
- 4) Moves controls to set cutting speed, feed rate, and depth of cut.
- 5) Engages power or automatic feed or manually operates feed lever to feed tool to specified depth in workpiece.
- 6) Turns valve handle to start flow of coolant against tool and workpiece or dips tool in cutting oil prior to mounting.
- 7) Verifies conformance of machined workpieces to specifications, using such measuring instruments as calipers, micrometers, and fixed gauges.
- 8) May position and secure drilling jig to guide cutting tool.
- 9) May tilt table or spindle to machine holes at specified angles.
- 10) May work on nonmetallic materials.
- 11) May measure, mark, scribe, and center punch workpieces to mark hole locations.
Is being a "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, SINGLE SPINDLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, SINGLE SPINDLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, SINGLE SPINDLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, SINGLE SPINDLE"
Job Number: 3215