"DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates multiple-spindle drilling machine to perform simultaneously or in sequence machining operations, such as drilling, reaming, countersinking, spot-facing, and tapping of holes in metal workpieces, according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and knowledge of machining procedures: Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications, such as hole locations and dimensions, and tooling instructions, such as drilling jigs, holding fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Places workpiece in fixture or positions it on machine table, and secures it with clamps.
- 3) Mounts cutting tools in spindles.
- 4) Positions and secures specified drilling jig and moves controls and positions spindles to align tools with guide bushings in jig.
- 5) Sets stops to control depth of cut.
- 6) Moves controls to set cutting speeds and feed rates, and regulate flow of coolant.
- 7) Engages power feed and observes machine operation.
- 8) Periodically verifies conformance of machined work to specifications, using such measuring instruments as calipers, micrometers, and fixed gauges.
- 9) May machine plastics or other nonmetallic materials.
- 10) May tilt table or spindles to machine holes at specified angles.
Is being a "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL-PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR, MULTIPLE SPINDLE"
Job Number: 3212