Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates previously set up drilling machines, such as single- or multiple-spindle drill presses to drill, ream, countersink, spot face, or tap holes in metal or nonmetal workpieces according to specifications: Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures it on machine table in drilling jig or holding fixture.
- 2) Moves machine controls to feed tools into workpiece, and engages automatic feed.
- 3) Observes machine operation, and verifies conformance of drilled workpiece to specifications, using fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 4) Changes worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
- 5) Moves controls to adjust cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- 6) May assist MACHINE SETTER in setting up machine.
- 7) May sharpen cutting tools, using bench grinder.
- 8) May perform minor assembly, such as fastening parts with nuts, bolts, and screws, using power tools and handtools.
- 9) May be designated according to product as Barrel Reamer; or function of machine as Reamer Operator; Tapper Operator.
Is being a "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3208