"DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates numerically controlled drill press that automatically performs machining operations such as drilling, reaming, countersinking, spot-facing, and tapping of holes in metal workpieces, according to specifications, setup instructions, and knowledge of machining: Studies blueprints or setup instructions to determine dimensional specifications, setup requirements, and work procedure.
- 2) Installs workpiece holders, such as blocks, risers, and clamps, on indexing table of machine, using machinist handtools.
- 3) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and positions and secures it on machine table or in holding fixture with clamps and bolts.
- 4) Installs cutting tools in tool magazine, turret, or spindle of machine.
- 5) Inserts programmed tape or punched card in tape or card reader of control unit.
- 6) Actuates machine that automatically positions indexing table containing workpiece under spindle, selects tool, and machines part according to programmed instructions.
- 7) Stops machine after trial run and inspects machined workpiece to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications, using fixed gauges, dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
- 8) Monitors machine operation and display panel of control unit for indications of malfunction.
- 9) Notifies supervisor if machined workpiece does not conform to specifications or if machine malfunctions.
- 10) May make manual adjustments, such as aligning workpiece on machine table, changing cutting tools, or setting cutting speed, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- 11) May occasionally operate machine in semiautomatic mode by setting selector switch and manually dialing in data according to oral or written instructions to machine relatively simple pieces.
Is being a "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL-PRESS OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Number: 3210