Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates drill-sharpening machine to sharpen drill bits used in numerically controlled drill for fabricating printed circuit boards: Reads work order to determine number and size of drill bits to be sharpened.
- 2) Inserts drill bits into cleaning machine, point-side down, that automatically starts brushes rotating to clean and remove debris from dull bits.
- 3) Removes drill bit from cleaning machine and measures bit to verify specified size, using micrometer.
- 4) Selects corresponding size bushing and mounts bushing into chuck of sharpener, using handtools.
- 5) Inserts drill bit in chuck of sharpener and activates table that moves chuck and bit assembly through rotating abrading wheels to sharpen both sides of drill bit.
- 6) Flips switch to release chuck and drill bit and removes bit.
- 7) Observes sharpened bits under optical microscope to detect defects, such as chips or breaks.
- 8) Discards defective drill bits.
- 9) Places sharpened drill bits in box, point-end up.
Is being a "DRILL-BIT SHARPENER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRILL-BIT SHARPENER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRILL-BIT SHARPENER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRILL-BIT SHARPENER"
Job Number: 3194