Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends gas-heated continuous drier that dries wood chips to prescribed moisture content for use in particleboard manufacturing: Turns valve and thermostat and presses buttons to ignite gas, set drier temperature, and activate drier, conveyors, and blower fans.
- 2) Moves controls to synchronize speed of conveyors and blower fans to ensure continuous flow of wood chips from storage hopper through drier and into dry-storage bin.
- 3) Observes gauges and collects, weighs, and tests sample of dried chips, using scales and electronic moisture tester, to ascertain moisture content of chips.
- 4) Resets controls to maintain prescribed temperature and humidity, according to test and gauge readings.
- 5) Records test results in log.
Is being a "DRIER TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRIER TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRIER TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRIER TENDER"
Job Number: 3181