Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates battery of driers that remove moisture from coal to facilitate pulverization: Pulls chain to open gate and allow coal to enter drier.
- 2) Opens dampers to admit hot gas and permit exit of cool gas.
- 3) Adjusts dampers to regulate amount of gas applied to coal, observing thermometers to ensure adherence to drying specifications.
- 4) Controls fan on draft line to regulate force of draft.
- 5) Pulls chain to open gate at bottom of drier, upon completion of drying process, to transfer coal to pulverizer.
- 6) Cleans drier by removing doors and prying or knocking off coal clinging to sides of drier on supply and exit lines.
Is being a "DRIER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRIER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRIER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRIER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3166