Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends drying cylinder and hammer mill arranged in tandem to dry and pulverize mica: Turns valve to start flow of oil in burner and ignites oil to heat drying-cylinder.
- 2) Starts machines that tumble mica in heated cylinder and automatically feed dry mica into hammer mill.
- 3) Examines pulverized mica for discolorations caused by excess heat and for conformance with grinding specifications.
- 4) Adjusts controls of drying cylinder to regulate temperature and replaces worn hammers to grind mica to specifications, using handtools.
- 5) Changes screens on discharge chute of hammer mill according to size specified for mica.
- 6) May fill machine hopper with mica, using tractor equipped with scoop.
Is being a "DRIER-AND-GRINDER TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRIER-AND-GRINDER TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRIER-AND-GRINDER TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRIER-AND-GRINDER TENDER"
Job Number: 3186