Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes women's garments, such as dresses, coats, and suits, according to customer specifications and measurements: Discusses with customer type of material, pattern, or style to be used in making garment.
- 2) Measures customer to determine modification from pattern, using tape measure.
- 3) Positions and pins pattern sections, such as collar, sleeve, or waist, on fabric, and cuts fabric with scissors following pattern edge.
- 4) Pins or bastes together fabric parts in preparation for final sewing.
- 5) Sews fabric parts by hand or operates single-needle sewing machine that joins fabric parts to form garment.
- 6) Sews felling stitch in hem of garment by hand to conceal thread.
- 7) Presses garment, using hand iron, to smooth seams and remove wrinkles.
- 8) May draft standard pattern according to measurements of customer and adapt pattern to obtain specified style.
- 9) May make garment according to picture furnished by customer.
Is being a "DRESSMAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRESSMAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRESSMAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRESSMAKER"
Job Number: 3152