Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates power-driven dredge to excavate and maintain navigable channels in waterways and to mine sand and gravel at bottom of lakes, rivers, and streams: Directs workers engaged in placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional lengths of pipes from dredge to shore, and in pumping water from pontoons.
- 2) Starts and stops engines to operate equipment.
- 3) Moves levers to place dredge in position for excavation, engage hydraulic pump, raise and lower suction boom, and control rotation of cutterhead.
- 4) Lowers anchor pole to verify depth of excavation, using winch, or scans depth gauge to determine depth of excavation.
- 5) Starts power winch that draws in or lets out cable to change position of dredge, or pulls in and lets out cable manually.
Is being a "DREDGE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DREDGE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DREDGE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DREDGE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3147