Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls railroad or highway drawbridge over waterways to permit passage of vessels: Observes approaching vessels and listens for whistle signal from vessel indicating desire to pass.
- 2) Moves levers that activate traffic signals and alarms, lower gates to halt street traffic, or activate interlocking railroad signals to warn oncoming railroad trains.
- 3) Starts motors of drawbridge and moves levers to raise or turn drawbridge, giving vessels passage.
- 4) Signals vessels to pass through opening.
- 5) Inspects drawbridge and auxiliary equipment.
- 6) Cleans, oils, and greases machinery.
- 7) Writes and submits maintenance work requisitions.
- 8) Prepares reports of accidents occurring on or to bridge.
- 9) Records name of vessels passing and number of trains or vehicles crossing bridge.
- 10) May relay messages to vessels in waterway.
- 11) May make repairs and adjustments to drawbridge.
- 12) May be required to hold Railway Signalman Certificate or similar license.
Is being a "DRAWBRIDGE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAWBRIDGE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAWBRIDGE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAWBRIDGE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3131